Mark Kusiak Memorial Scholarship
The Mark Kusiak Memorial Scholarship was created to honor the memory of Mark Kusiak, his contributions to General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems, his affection for Virginia Tech, and recognizing the continuing need for funds to support students at Virginia Tech.
To be considered for this scholarships, applicants must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- hold a minimum GPA of 3.5
- be undergraduates enrolled in the College of Engineering's Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering or the Department of Computer Science.
Students will be selected based on demonstration of:
- academic merit
- personal character
- interest in a career in the civilian defense industry
- leadership skills
Preference shall be given to students who:
- would be first-generation college graduates, i.e. whose parents have not completed a Bachelor's or equivalent degree
- previous recipients who continue to qualify in subsequent years
- women and minorities are highly encouraged to apply