CREATORS Virtual Institute (VI)
The CREATORS Virtual Institute (VI) is a collaboration among Virginia Tech, Old Dominion University, and Norfolk State University to build the next generation of leaders in cybersecurity. This program will focus on building a pathway for ROTC cadets/midshipmen and civilian students who aspire to work with the Department of Defense by providing opportunities to further develop their technical and leadership skills. Students involved in the CREATORS VI will cultivate data, methods, and tools through experiential learning and applied research that enables the resulting workforce to effectively execute its mission.
- Learn to model, attack, and defend real small-scale systems
- Students will participate in year-long projects in cybersecurity
- Receive access to summer internships at a variety of government labs and organizations and industry partners.
Students will be required to meet the following requirements for consideration:
- ROTC cadets/midshipmen, Citizen Leader cadets, and other DOD-aspiring students looking for careers in cybersecurity
- Rising Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with:
- Anticipated degrees in CS, CE, and other degree programs with experience or an interest in cybersecurity
- Must be U.S. Citizens
- Must be able to work in-person in our Blacksburg facility
Students will be required to meet the following requirements after acceptance into the program:
- Must be able to work 20+ hours per week during summer 2022
- Top performing students will be invited to continue in the fall with an expectation of 8-10 hours per week
Our applications for the 2023-2024 academic year will open in early Spring semester.